Principal's Message

 

Dear North Marion MS Families,


After a year away from school and our students, we are excited to welcome some Hybrid students back into school. Last month you completed a survey indicating whether you would like your child to continue with learning at home (CDL) or attend learning 2 days per week in our Hybrid program. The data indicated that the decision was divided equally with approximately 49% of you remaining in CDL and 51% selecting Hybrid. 

Our staff has worked hard to prepare the best instruction for both learning models and are committed to making every effort to ensure the safety, academic success, and emotional well-being of our students both in Hybrid Learning at school and in Comprehensive Distance (CDL) at home. The support of parents is crucial in this effort, and we know that when we work in partnership with our families, we can achieve anything! 

The information listed below as well as the information in the Parent/Student Handbook included in this packet will help you and your student(s) with this transition.

  • Students will be screened upon entering school
  • Classrooms are set-up according to OHA guidelines and will be cleaned between each transition and at the end of each day with a sanitizing machine.  
  • Students are required to wear masks while in the building. 
  • NMMS will provide breakfast and lunch, if desired.
  • Students are encouraged to bring a personal water bottle labeled with their names as water fountains will be disabled. 
  • We will continuously update our information via social media, classroom communication, and our website 
  • Attendance will be taken in the same manner this trimester as it was for the two previous.  This means that both hybrid and CDL students will have a 24 hour window from the beginning of their class period to submit evidence of their participation and that will count as in attendance should they not be in class.

We are thrilled to have learning occurring within the school again.  Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Principals,

Tami Badiner and David Sheldon

503-678-7130 or 503-678-7118

Estimadas Familias de North Marion MS:

Después de un año fuera de la escuela y de nuestros estudiantes, estamos emocionados de dar la bienvenida a algunos estudiantes híbridos a la escuela. El mes pasado, completaron una encuesta indicando si les gustaría que su hijo/a continuaran con el aprendizaje en casa (CDL) o asistiera al aprendizaje 2 días a la semana en nuestro programa híbrido. Los datos indicaron que la decisión se dividió en partes iguales con aproximadamente el 49% de ustedes que permanecieron en CDL y el 51% eligieron Híbrido.

  • Nuestro personal ha trabajado arduamente para preparar la mejor instrucción para ambos modelos de aprendizaje y está comprometido a hacer todo lo posible para garantizar la seguridad, el éxito académico y el bienestar emocional de nuestros estudiantes tanto en el aprendizaje híbrido en la escuela como en la distancia integral (CDL). en casa. El apoyo de los padres es crucial en este esfuerzo y sabemos que cuando trabajamos en conjunto con nuestras familias, ¡podemos lograr cualquier cosa!
  • La información que sera  enumerados a continuación, así como la información en el Manual para padres y estudiantes que se incluye en este paquete, lo ayudarán a usted y a su estudiante/s  con esta transición.
  • Los estudiantes serán evaluados al ingresar a la escuela.
  • Los salones de clases seran configurados  de acuerdo con las guias de OHA y se limpiarán entre cada transición y al final de cada día con una máquina desinfectante.
  • Se requiere que los estudiantes usen máscaras mientras que en el edificio.
  • NMMS proporcionará desayuno y almuerzo, Si es deseado.
  • Se anima a los estudiantes a traer una botella de agua personal etiquetada con sus nombres ya que las fuentes de agua estarán desactivadas.
  • Actualizaremos continuamente nuestra información a través de las redes sociales, la comunicación en el salon y nuestro sitio web.
  • La asistencia se tomará de la misma manera este trimestre que los dos anteriores. Esto significa que tanto los estudiantes híbridos como los de CDL tendrán una ventana de 24 horas desde el comienzo de su período de clase para presentar evidencia de su participación y eso contará como asistencia en caso de que no estén en clase.

Estamos encantados de que el aprendizaje ocurra nuevamente dentro de la escuela. No dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros para cualquier consulta.

Directores,

 

Tami Badinger and David Sheldon

503-678-7130 or 503-678-7118



 
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.